All forum activity

#DateUserForumTypeThreadPost
11710 Jan 2006 @ 10:38 PSTSancerreConnectivityTopicOle DB Connection stringWe are (attempting) to use the Ole Db provider for .NET. I am able to connect to the database, but cannot figure out the correct way to set the default database. What is the connection string prope...
11610 Jan 2006 @ 04:32 PSTTD_ArchDatabaseReplySQL UpdateThe following is the working version of the SQL:UPDATE bfrom ( select a12.FSC_WK_END_DT FSC_WK_END_DT,a11.PRD_GRP_NBR PRD_GRP_NBR,a12.CMA_LCT_CD CMA_LCT_CD,sum(a11.TOT_SAL_AMT) SALES,sum(a11.TOT_CS...
11510 Jan 2006 @ 04:30 PSTTD_ArchDatabaseReplyConversion of Primary to Secondary indexYou will need to recreate the table with a new Primary Index and make the current PI as the SI.
11410 Jan 2006 @ 02:01 PSTakhil.bansal@gmail.comDatabaseTopicConversion of Primary to Secondary indexHi, Is there a way to convert Primary index to Secondary index ?Thanks and Regards
11310 Jan 2006 @ 12:43 PSTBijuJobsTopicTeradata Mainframe and Business ObjectsHi We have the following Teradata openings, details mentioned below.1) Teradata with Mainframe (Location : Chennai, India)2) Teradata with Business Objects (Location : Chennai, India)3) Teradata DB...
11209 Jan 2006 @ 09:51 PSTRavindra HarveDatabaseTopicSQL UpdateHi,I am new to Teradata, and I need to do a SQL update. Based on the Syntax given in the Manual, I did write this SQL, but somehow this doesn't seem to work. Please let me know where I am going wro...
11109 Jan 2006 @ 11:26 PSTakhil.bansal@gmail.comDatabaseReplyString ReplacementHi DanielThanks for this stored procedure. But is there is a way that I can use this in Select statement ?Regards
11009 Jan 2006 @ 11:19 PSTbswarmerDatabaseReplyNeed to convert UNICODE to LATINThank you Dieter, that is exactly what I needed. This will resolve any future occurances (after I update hundreds of scripts of course). As for the existing tables, is there a way to ALTER the ch...
10909 Jan 2006 @ 10:52 PSTPadmini-2242DatabaseReplyLogin to Teradat SQL assistantThanks Kumar I re installed and it worked. When I logged out and came back in today it is giving me the same error message. Padmini
10809 Jan 2006 @ 08:39 PSTal1_24DatabaseReplyredirect explain plan in a fileuse the following commands in your bteq to export the result of a query to a file :.export report file="filename"your query;.export reset
10709 Jan 2006 @ 03:02 PSTphil1212DatabaseTopicredirect explain plan in a fileHello,I have to create a bteq script that automaticly get sql query done (in dbc.accesslog) for a user, and then do the explain plan of these queries.But i need to redirect theses explain plans in ...
10608 Jan 2006 @ 11:15 PSTDennis CalkinsDatabaseReplyCancel online transaction recovery after break big delete operationAnd then even then it is a IFFY proposition. you might try a COLDWAIT RESTARTvprocmanagerset restartkind = coldwaitquittpareset "to do a cold wait"what this does is allow the system to complete ...
10508 Jan 2006 @ 04:19 PSTdnoethDatabaseReplyCancel online transaction recovery after break big delete operationBefore V2R5.1 the only way to cancel a rollback is to call NCR Support.Dieter
10408 Jan 2006 @ 04:16 PSTdnoethDatabaseReplyNeed to convert UNICODE to LATINSQL Reference: Data Types and LiteralsChapter 2: Data LiteralsCharacter Data LiteralsThe data type and server character set of a character literal is always VARCHAR(n)CHARACTER SET UNICODE, where n...
10308 Jan 2006 @ 03:13 PSTvkumarpsg_eceDatabaseReplyLogin to Teradat SQL assistantHi Padmini,Could you please reinstall your driver and try again?Let us know your feedback..thanks,Kumar V
10207 Jan 2006 @ 10:20 PSTJay GurjarAnalyticsReplyExporting Clementine models as Teradata SQLHiMe again - managed to overcome the problem by applying the latest Clementine patch - the problem is 'fixed' in Clementine 9.0.6 version. But,...The SQL thus generated can be pretty long and I som...
10107 Jan 2006 @ 12:51 PSTvsriramTrainingReplyTeradata Basics CertificationCan anyone share the TF documents so that it will be helpful for junior members
10007 Jan 2006 @ 12:02 PSTbull_teradataToolsReplyAbout ETL process using Teradata utilitiesWe use informatica to load data from Oracle to Teradata. We use the Teradata TTU Client utility installed on unix and use the Fastload to load data into Teradata.
9906 Jan 2006 @ 04:52 PSTbswarmerDatabaseTopicNeed to convert UNICODE to LATINI have encountered numerous problems due to differing character sets in my database. The biggest issue encountered is a failure in Informatica ETL when attempting to export data from Teradata. LA...
9806 Jan 2006 @ 04:46 PSTkarinaConnectivityTopic"org/ietf/jgss/GSSName" exceptionHello,I’m trying to set up Teradata JDBC on my local machine and it is giving me grief. I downloaded the drivers "TTU8.0 Windows TeraJDBC.03.02.00.03" from Teradata website.It loads the drivers, ...
9706 Jan 2006 @ 02:24 PSTjackdeAnalyticsTopicdbql rule helpI am trying to set up some rules for DBQL logging per recommendation, but am encountering an error.when I running the following sql begin query logging with objects, stepinfo, sql limit threshold =...
9606 Jan 2006 @ 10:24 PSTNorthgrumJobsTopicTeradata - Sr Level Position Available in NC for Northrop Grumman ITThe Northrop Grumman Office in Raleigh, NC has 2 Sr. Teradata positions available at this time with the potential of a few more to come about in the coming months.If you are looking for a change......
9506 Jan 2006 @ 10:03 PSTewaAnalyticsTopicTCRM DemoHi there,Does anyone know haw to get the TCRM demo v5 or v6?I know there are prepared laptops/discks with TCRM demo and some seed data, but don't know who is distributing them.
9405 Jan 2006 @ 04:29 PSTJay GurjarAnalyticsTopicExporting Clementine models as Teradata SQLHiNew to the forum. We are trying out Clementine 9.0 s/w with our Teradata DW for some customer analytic applications.I have not been able to find a way to deploy the Clementine stream or just the ...
9305 Jan 2006 @ 01:11 PSTsingleampDatabaseTopicNeed to make SMP to MMPHello,Can you please share your expriences with Teradata SMP systems(single node)? 1. What are the NCR machines (WorldMark 4800?) supporting SMP?2. Whats the next compatile Hardware to make it MPP?...

Pages