All forum activity

#DateUserForumTypeThreadPost
14218 Jan 2006 @ 07:39 PSTApukadUDAReplyGrouping setsDear Feroz,Unfortunately I will deal with this topic not before next week. But thanks for your ansver!
14118 Jan 2006 @ 02:48 PSTXTUPIEDatabaseReplySession modes in TeradataHiHere are the main differences: TERADATA MODE / ANSI MODE=========================================================================================== Comparison are ...
14018 Jan 2006 @ 02:25 PSTXTUPIEUDAReplyOpportunityHi SteveDo these posts include foreigners. I am a South Africa (Teradata Master).Divvy
13917 Jan 2006 @ 07:25 PSTDennis CalkinsToolsReplyUnlocking tables after fastload failurePlease see this other thread on the same subject....http://www.teradata.com/teradataForum/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=10&messageid=2703
13817 Jan 2006 @ 04:03 PSTKrishan.RToolsTopicUnlocking tables after fastload failureIs there a way other than dropping and recreating the load tables after the Fastload failed.If so can some one give me the syntax? Your help would be highly appreciated. I tried to runBegin Loading...
13717 Jan 2006 @ 08:06 PSTDaveWellmanDatabaseReplySession modes in TeradataHi Liju,There are two main areas of differences between Teradata and ANSI session modes.The first (and arguably the most important) is to do with transaction control. This affects when a transactio...
13617 Jan 2006 @ 07:48 PSTfreynjordDatabaseReplyARCHIVE DatabaseThanks a lot for theses informations, i tried.But he don't find arcmain.arcmain must be installed on the client or on the server ?I don't see arcmain application on my client teradata.
13517 Jan 2006 @ 06:26 PSTDennis CalkinsDatabaseReplyARCHIVE DatabaseARCHIVE is a separate program from BTEQ on Teradata. it is called ARCMAIN.Here are the directions that come wit the Teradata Demo CD about archiving the database. I updated it to match what you...
13417 Jan 2006 @ 04:37 PSTfreynjordDatabaseTopicARCHIVE DatabaseHi,i try to archive a database with all tables ans constraints but i've a problem. Could you help me please ...On BTEQ, i'm connect with dbc/sysdba.--> Logon successfully completed..archive data ta...
13317 Jan 2006 @ 03:55 PSTSrividhya80_bToolsReplyExport a variable length recordHi Just on similar lines, I need the ASCII '1F' (Non-printable control character' to be used as the delimiter. I have tried this using the BTEQ EXPORT but have not been successful. Can any body...
13213 Jan 2006 @ 09:24 PSTlijuDatabaseTopicSession modes in TeradataHi,Can someone let me know the difference between Teradata Session mode and ANSI Session mode..What kind of impact does each mode have? Would like to specifically know about any issues with table c...
13112 Jan 2006 @ 12:40 PSTValeryToolsTopicimport MultiLoad problemHello,I have some problems to load a char(06) variable wich represent hours.I'm trying to import this variable in a TIME variable with a format like this HH:MI:SS.What is the command (format) that ...
13012 Jan 2006 @ 11:46 PSTDennis CalkinsConnectivityReplyWhy username and password need to be passed with dataSource.getConnection()You need to set up Some sort of Single Sign on or other Mutual Authentication method on the Teradata system.What OS type are your Teradata Database nodes and what version of software are you ...
12912 Jan 2006 @ 11:32 PSTprashanth777ConnectivityTopicWhy username and password need to be passed with dataSource.getConnection()I have configured V5 datasources on WSAD for DB2, Oracle and Teradata. While dataSource.getConnection() with no parameters work fine with DB2 and Oracle, but not with Teradata. For Teradata, we eit...
12812 Jan 2006 @ 10:51 PSTshaik.feroz@aaa-calif.comUDAReplyGrouping setsApukad, ( if you already go the results let me know if there is a good way)i am not sure if this will work for you or not. I tried this example and could get results by using derived tables.in my e...
12711 Jan 2006 @ 06:14 PSTDennis CalkinsDatabaseReplyrenaming a column name.....?Can you give us the Layout of the table currently? And maybe some made up sample data and explain how you want the layout changed?You could try renaming the column on the select.In ANSI sql you ca...
12611 Jan 2006 @ 02:52 PSTMikeDatabaseTopicrenaming a column name.....?Hi Everyone,This is more of a SQL question, but figured I would post here as this group has always been super-helpful : )I want to, in the course of the SQL code, rename a column depending on what...
12511 Jan 2006 @ 01:53 PSTdnoethUDAReplycompress Timestamp(6)You can't compress a Timestamp value.Only NULLs might be compressed for Time/Timestamp/Interval...Dieter
12411 Jan 2006 @ 01:44 PSTshaik.feroz@aaa-calif.comUDATopiccompress Timestamp(6)Is there a way to compress timestamp(6) field.we have a exp_ts field that gets a default value of 9999-12-31 00:00:00.000000 I want to compress this field is this possible?If it is possible how to ...
12311 Jan 2006 @ 10:47 PSTSancerreConnectivityReplyOle DB Connection stringWe have found the answer to the last question as well. To help any of you that may need to use parameters with a command object, then this is how we got it to work: Don't use named parameters, inst...
12211 Jan 2006 @ 08:04 PSThitenchavanToolsReplyTeradata Select Case Statement HelpBOTH THE QUERIES WILL WORK******************************************************UPDATE APPL.FR_DETAILFROM APPL.ADMIN_TBLSET ADMIN_FEE = CASE WHEN APPL.FR_DETAIL.AD_NO_ADD = 'A' THEN APPL.ADMIN_T...
12110 Jan 2006 @ 06:01 PSTRGlassDatabaseTopicMultiload (out of Range error)Hello all,Is there a good way to handle invalid data when using multiloadie :-( ......)coming in on an MVS flat file.some records return 'out of range error' on one particular field,and others have...
12010 Jan 2006 @ 04:22 PSTfouttypDatabaseTopicV2R6We are planning an upgrade to V2R6 and was wondering if anyone would tell me their experiences with their upgrade to V2R6. Philip Foutty
11910 Jan 2006 @ 02:54 PSTRavindra HarveDatabaseReplySQL UpdateThank You.RegardsRavi
11810 Jan 2006 @ 11:55 PSTSancerreConnectivityReplyOle DB Connection stringIt looks like I found the answer - using the Extended properties appears to do the trick. Here is an example of the connection string that seems to work:Provider=TDOLEDB.1;Data Source=xxx.xxx.xxx;P...

Pages