All forum activity

#DateUserForumTypeThreadPost
16920 Jan 2006 @ 05:57 PSTLuke SmithDatabaseTopicCollect StatsCollecting stats can be executed with collecting a sample percentage which is supposed to be a good way to get stats for very large tables, but this is set somewhere which is system wide, ie when c...
16820 Jan 2006 @ 03:50 PSTlijuDatabaseReplySession modes in TeradataThanks a lot!! The information was very useful.
16720 Jan 2006 @ 02:24 PSTterausrUDATopicSQL to update a column using another columnI need the logic/ansi sql to update a column, LP_Qty in my table using another col in the same table this is RF_Qty. RF_Qty gets updated everyday as the table refreshes everyday. But LP_Qty should ...
16620 Jan 2006 @ 01:19 PSTvinodGDatabaseTopicParameterized queries vs using queries1.Can any one tell me the exact difference between Parameterized query and Using query.2.Can any one tell me the difference between P mode and S mode requests??ThanksVinod
16520 Jan 2006 @ 12:48 PSTTD_ArchToolsReplyUpdate with subqueryHi, The following is the equilavent Teradata query :Update GAM_EV from (Select b.hh_idFrom GAM_EV aLeft Outer Joinuse_0511 b On a.arng_id = b.arng_idLeft Outer Joinffw_0511 c On b.hh_id = c.hh_idWh...
16419 Jan 2006 @ 11:00 PSTFredDatabaseReplyduplicate unique primary key errorGENERATED BY DEFAULT columns are not guaranteed to be unique anyway, but if you're sure that's what you want: create another table but specify that generated values START WITH a value beyond anythi...
16319 Jan 2006 @ 10:57 PSTDennis CalkinsDatabaseReplyCan a teradata database trigger/stored procedure call a java program or Executable?UDF or Stored procedure? Teradata Stored procedures follow the ANSI standard and have a specific language as per the ANSI standard. Not C, Not Java, it is called Stored Procedure Language. It...
16219 Jan 2006 @ 10:43 PSTFredDatabaseReplyPUBLIC UserIf the user holds a right WITH GRANT OPTION, he is free to grant that right to ANY database, user, or role. And the creator of a table automatically is given rights WITH GRANT OPTION.
16119 Jan 2006 @ 10:22 PSTRaomJobsTopicLooking for Teradata Developer Position (contract/full-time) or TCRM opportunityHi,I have very good experience working on Teradata and TCRM for the last 6 years plus.I am looking for a change now. Interested in either full-time or contract position. Here is a link to my resume...
16019 Jan 2006 @ 05:55 PSTMChooJobsTopicTeradata DBA Needed!!Safeway, Inc. is seeking a Teradata DBA for our IT Technology Support Center, located in Phoenix, Arizona. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:1) Work with Operations Support and E...
15919 Jan 2006 @ 04:05 PSTmustaqbashaDatabaseTopicCan a teradata database trigger/stored procedure call a java program or Executable?Hi,My project requirement is that a Teradata database trigger/stored procedure needs to call java program to put data in a JMS queue. I wanted to know if it is possible to call executable or java p...
15819 Jan 2006 @ 04:01 PSTmustaqbashaJobsTopicCan a Teradata trigger/stored procedure call java progarm or executable?.......
15719 Jan 2006 @ 03:55 PSTSilasDatabaseTopicDW Database Designer IIIJob Description : Transforms a Logical Data Model into a high performance Teradata database design according to business and technical requirements. Creates and tests table structures, indexes, vie...
15619 Jan 2006 @ 03:46 PSTsharadDatabaseTopicduplicate unique primary key errorHi, I had to modify a column's width so i created a temporary table, with modified column width, and populated that temporary table through (insert into temp select * from original_table).Later I d...
15519 Jan 2006 @ 03:40 PSTBBR2DatabaseReplyPUBLIC UserI wanted to limit the user to anything on PUBLIC database.I don't want user ABC to give GRANTS such as GRANT SELECT ON SANDBOX_DB.TABLE TO PUBLIC;User may have done this to provide implicit access ...
15419 Jan 2006 @ 12:37 PSTpaloma.palacios@accenture.comDatabaseTopicBTEQSQL: .EXPORT FILE DATAWe would like create a bteq with the command ".EXPORT FILE DATA", but we must used the result of this execution bteqsql to the command ".IMPORT FILE".The result of this exported file must be separa...
15319 Jan 2006 @ 11:04 PSTDanaToolsTopicUpdate with subqueryIs there a way using Teradata to update like in Oracle:update GAM_EVset hh_id = (select b.hh_id from GAM_EV aleft outer join use_0511 bon a.arng_id = b.arng_idleft outer join ff...
15219 Jan 2006 @ 11:04 PSTTEKRecruiterJobsTopicTeradata Developers Needed!Company: TEKsystems, Inc. Location: Raleigh,North Carolina Category: Information Technology Jobs Rate: Based upon experience per Hour Job Type: Contract-to-Hire Information Technology Description:...
15119 Jan 2006 @ 10:27 PSTRick-2304DatabaseTopicPPII'm trying to use " insert into ... select * " to populate a table with PPI and am getting an error saying "Invalid Date Supplied for tablename.columnname" where tablename.columnname is the target ...
15019 Jan 2006 @ 08:00 PSTManoj_Kumar_ParmarTrainingTopicBTEQ sample scriptsHi All,I have installed the Teradata Demo CD on my system and want to learn the BTEQ, can any body give the sample BTEQ scripts, or the link where I can get the ScriptsPlease, I need as early as po...
14919 Jan 2006 @ 06:24 PSTarunkumark2000@yahoo.comToolsReplyimport MultiLoad problemHi Valery,Guess this reply isn't quickest but i haven't logged in for a long time due to work. I faced a similar problem with multi loads with date, time and timestamp fields. Just remove the forma...
14819 Jan 2006 @ 01:01 PSTDEEPUDatabaseReplyrenaming a column name.....?I ASSUME THAT YOU ARE HAVING THE TABLE STRUCTURE LIKE:CUSTOMER...... MNTHX................. 1 Y................. 2 V................. 1Z................. 2 A...
14719 Jan 2006 @ 12:37 PSTTD_ArchDatabaseReplyPUBLIC UserVinay,It should be REVOKE ALL ON ABC FROM PUBLIC;
14618 Jan 2006 @ 05:28 PSTBBR2DatabaseTopicPUBLIC UserAll,I need some information on GRANTS/REVOKE on system user PUBLIC.I believe if we grant any privilege to PUBLIC, all system wide users get that privileges implicitly.I also know that this is not t...
14518 Jan 2006 @ 12:42 PSTrealproJobsTopicTeradata data warehouse developer in Atlanta needed!!Position Description: We requesting resumes for a contract position as a Teradata data warehouse developer to design and potentially lead development in a Mainframe-Teradata environment. The pos...

Pages