All forum activity

#DateUserForumTypeThreadPost
19223 Jan 2006 @ 09:42 PSTDEEPUDatabaseReplyRemoving Column FormatYou can use Alter DML for this: Alter table table_nameadd existing_column_name data_type; //without format phraseBut you can't change the column attributes if it requires modification of internal s...
19123 Jan 2006 @ 06:18 PSTphil1212DatabaseTopicavg on time field not working ?Hello,I've got 3 fields in my table all are in char(5).'03:02' as deb'03:06' as fin'00:04' as dureeI'm trying to calculate an average on the "duree" field but it fails.I first cast it as a time to ...
19023 Jan 2006 @ 02:25 PSTakhil.bansal@gmail.comDatabaseTopicRemoving Column FormatHow can the Format defined for a column be removed ?
18922 Jan 2006 @ 06:41 PSTshajeerDatabaseReplyWarehouse 8.0 Demo ?No Idea
18822 Jan 2006 @ 04:38 PSTManoj_Kumar_ParmarTrainingReplyBTEQ sample scriptsHI Dennis, thanks alot for information, this time I am not working through my pc, I will check laterthanks
18721 Jan 2006 @ 03:41 PSTterausrToolsTopicFastload QuestionI need to export flat files out of Oracle and Fastload it into Teradata.,Let's take an example A table has say 5 fields and these are integers & datesI am sending them in this format6305,1451,2400,...
18621 Jan 2006 @ 01:11 PSTterausrUDAReplySQL to update a column using another columnThanks Jason for your reply. My ETL process deletes all data from the target table everyday and reloads it with fresh data. It's a DSS. I need to do the update with previous day's value if the cond...
18520 Jan 2006 @ 09:20 PSTDennis CalkinsDatabaseReplyCan a teradata database trigger/stored procedure call a java program or Executable?But ODBC runs on UNIX.You can download the ODBC driver for Teradata for SOLARIS, LINUX, HPUX, AIX from http://www.teradata.com/t/page/130536Like I said you can try writing C Wrapper functions...
18420 Jan 2006 @ 03:00 PSTkiran9988ToolsTopicFastload,multiload,fastexport,tpumpCan someone send me the sample scripts that u used for multiload,fastlaod,fastexport,tpumpwith some comments attached to the scripts.Am new to teradata and i appreciate the help if some one provide...
18320 Jan 2006 @ 01:11 PSTmustaqbashaDatabaseReplyCan a teradata database trigger/stored procedure call a java program or Executable?First, my code will run on unix env, so I cannot go with ODBC.Second, To write a code to access messaging server or database server in C will take lot development effort and timeThird, most my exi...
18220 Jan 2006 @ 12:29 PSTDEEPUDatabaseReplyduplicate unique primary key errorSharad,UPK error occurs only when the UPI column that you are trying to insert is alraedy present there in your table.Check if you are passing identity column value also , if yes then don't pass it...
18120 Jan 2006 @ 12:10 PSTDennis CalkinsTrainingReplyBTEQ sample scriptsIf you install the DEMO APPLICATIONS off the DEMO CD you will find all the scripts for all the DEMO apss here.c:\Program Files\NCR\Teradata For Microsoft Windows Demo\bin
18020 Jan 2006 @ 12:04 PSTDennis CalkinsDatabaseReplyCan a teradata database trigger/stored procedure call a java program or Executable?Sorry We don't support native Java functions. Can you re write the Java function in 'C' using ODBC or something? V2r6 allows you to write TABLE UDFS where your UDF can return a set of ROWS one...
17920 Jan 2006 @ 11:33 PSTdnoethDatabaseReplyCollect StatsHi Luke,sorry, but you won't find any documentation about it.Most DIAGNOSTIC statements are undocumented, but sometimes you can guess the meaning of a keyword :-)Dieter
17820 Jan 2006 @ 10:18 PSTjaiConnectivityTopicNullPointerException in TdgssConfigApiHi, We are using Teradata driver with JBoss-3.2.3 application server. We have a datasource deployed on the server. We are seeing the following exception when getConnection is invoked on the datasou...
17720 Jan 2006 @ 09:47 PSTmustaqbashaDatabaseReplyCan a teradata database trigger/stored procedure call a java program or Executable?Hi,Thanks for your prompt response! Would appreciate your comments on these as well:Here are my project requirements:1. From a teradata database trigger I need to update different vendor database(S...
17620 Jan 2006 @ 09:06 PSTjasonfUDAReplySQL to update a column using another columnI am not entirely sure this will work since I don't fully understand your ETL process or the data involved, but could you add an update to LP_Qty as part of your daily refresh process? Only when i...
17520 Jan 2006 @ 08:49 PSTpaloma.palacios@accenture.comDatabaseTopicIMPORT DATA WITH USING (variable)We need to make a BTEQSQL with the command “EXPORT REPORT” using a variable that contain the name file that we must use and generate.Following, we explain the SQL with the syntax USING to recup...
17420 Jan 2006 @ 08:43 PSTLuke SmithDatabaseReplyCollect StatsHi dnoeth,Thanks so much, this is so helpful, just ideal as you can have the sampling per collection, great.Is this available in any doc as I could not find anything like this anywhere..?
17320 Jan 2006 @ 07:50 PSTdnoethDatabaseReplyCollect StatsHi Luke,the global flag is set by dbscontrol -> internal field 46: CollectStatsSampleOn a session level it's:DIAGNOSTIC "COLLECTSTATS, SAMPLESIZE=xx" ON FOR SESSION;For a singe Collect Stats:DIAGNO...
17220 Jan 2006 @ 06:59 PSTLuke SmithDatabaseReplyCollect StatsHi TDuser,yes thank you that has helped, I saw that in the documentation but did not understand fully, but now do
17120 Jan 2006 @ 06:15 PSTLuke SmithToolsTopicBatch locking issueCan anyone help with the following problem :When we start our batch in the evening, if a user has left a query running or a query has failed but left a non-shareable access lock on a table, then ou...
17020 Jan 2006 @ 06:13 PSTTDUser-781DatabaseReplyCollect StatsHi Luke, reading from the manuals: " the system automatically determines the appropriate sample size to generate accurate statistics for good query plans and performance."Basically, when you collec...
16920 Jan 2006 @ 05:57 PSTLuke SmithDatabaseTopicCollect StatsCollecting stats can be executed with collecting a sample percentage which is supposed to be a good way to get stats for very large tables, but this is set somewhere which is system wide, ie when c...
16820 Jan 2006 @ 03:50 PSTlijuDatabaseReplySession modes in TeradataThanks a lot!! The information was very useful.

Pages