All forum activity

#DateUserForumTypeThreadPost
61724 Mar 2006 @ 04:53 PSTkpothenJobsTopicTeradata DBA or Developer - CanadaI'm currently looking for a Teradata DBA or Developer for a contract position in Canada. Kim PothenP3, Inc.952/955-1890www.p-3-inc.comkim.pothen@p-3-inc.com
61624 Mar 2006 @ 03:14 PSTnudoamToolsTopicTpump - Is blocking normal?We are attempting to performance tune some tables in our database. One of the items we are testing is join indexes.The current load utility for the table we are tuning is mload which cannot be use...
61524 Mar 2006 @ 02:40 PSTdavliDatabaseReplyIdentity Column Not Coming in a sequence. Need Suggestion.thanks,now in Teradata V2R6 we cannot directly copy a table containing Identity column - is there any recommended workaround that would allow us to copy such a table in 2 or 3 steps? but still pre...
61424 Mar 2006 @ 02:32 PSTshaik.feroz@aaa-calif.comDatabaseReplyNeed to identigy Primary key from a table using SelectRishab,There is nothing like a primary key in the tables.This is logical term, you will find this in sqlserver or oracle, but not in Teradata.you will find primary Index wich has nothing to do with...
61324 Mar 2006 @ 01:09 PSTrlaskarDatabaseTopicNeed to identigy Primary key from a table using SelectHi,I was trying to identify the Primary keys from a table. I can doshow table tablename or help table tablename which would give me details about whole tables. Is it some command available to displ...
61224 Mar 2006 @ 12:25 PSTBarry-1604DatabaseReplysome problems about TD KEYWORD 'NOT IN'If you want rows that have NULL in the Num column, you could also use COALESCE to do this:sel *from table_namewhere COALESCE(Num,-99999) not in (2,3)You just have to pick a value that you're not lo...
61124 Mar 2006 @ 12:19 PSTBarry-1604DatabaseReplyURGENT:how to find col names and its values matching to my conditionTo expand on the last reply, you can then format the results into a SELECT statement and execute all of those:select 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM ' || b.databasename || '.' || b.tablename || ' WHER...
61024 Mar 2006 @ 12:14 PSTTimLind53DatabaseTopicReverse string search (right to left)?How do do a reverse string search? I want to find the position of the last dash in the string starting on the right and scanning to the left. The number of dashes are unknown and some strings may h...
60924 Mar 2006 @ 11:42 PSTshaik.feroz@aaa-calif.comDatabaseReplyURGENT:how to find col names and its values matching to my conditiontry thisselect a.*from dbc.columns a, dbc.tables bwhere a.databasename = b.databasenameand b.tablekind = 'V'and a.columnname like '%XYZ%'this will give all the rows from dbc.columns (databasename, ...
60824 Mar 2006 @ 11:18 PSTshaik.feroz@aaa-calif.comDatabaseReplysome problems about TD KEYWORD 'NOT IN'Matty,I dont think it is problem with the NOT IN clause.NOT IN is nothing but where value NOT EQUAL TO.so sel * from tablewhere num NOT IN (2,3)will take each value and see it is not equal to 2 and...
60724 Mar 2006 @ 10:56 PSTshaik.feroz@aaa-calif.comUDAReplyDefault spacesTbob That is true..I am not sure how some one else gets different results,I ran the same queries that you gave and got the results as expectedselect aKey, vText, CHARACTERS(vText) from devdata.fero...
60624 Mar 2006 @ 10:43 PSTRGlassUDAReplyDefault spacesMy understanding of Varchar has been that no trailing spaces where storedalso, and that Chars function was specially suited to Varchar for this reason.So I reran you queryresults: aKey vText Charac...
60524 Mar 2006 @ 07:10 PSTmatty.jiangDatabaseTopicsome problems about TD KEYWORD 'NOT IN'image one col named 'Num' contains value domain (null, 1 ,2 , 3)if we writesel *from table_namewhere Num not in (2,3)we just can get answer set containing rows with (Num=1), losing rows having null...
60424 Mar 2006 @ 04:00 PSTshrikrishnaDatabaseTopicURGENT:how to find col names and its values matching to my conditionHi,We have 500+ views and i have to look for particular column name whcih contains string 'XYZ'.Column name may be like 'XYZ_CUST' or 'CUST_XYZ_CD' or anything containing 'XYZ' string.Also its poss...
60324 Mar 2006 @ 03:43 PSTManoj_Kumar_ParmarToolsTopicO/p file headingHi All, We are running Bteq from Mainframe and creating an Output file GDG base in a PDS of Mainframe. we need the the report should contains the headings, hence exporting the data with REPORT form...
60224 Mar 2006 @ 01:06 PSTTD_ArchDatabaseReplyDates and Foreign KeysYou can considering partitioning your table on the data field.
60124 Mar 2006 @ 01:05 PSTTD_ArchDatabaseReplyIdentity Column Not Coming in a sequence. Need Suggestion.No, you dont have anything thats same as Sequence of Oracle.
60023 Mar 2006 @ 10:07 PSTmatty.jiangDatabaseReplywhy does sql cannot pass systax?thanks a lot!
59923 Mar 2006 @ 06:27 PSTFredUDAReplyDefault spacesNot quite accurate, and a frequent misconception. Trimming trailing spaces from VARCHAR doesn't happen by magic - you need to be careful on the client side and/or use the TRIM function:CREATE TABLE...
59823 Mar 2006 @ 06:01 PSTFredDatabaseReplywhy does sql cannot pass systax?Or use quotes to force the p****r to treat the token as an identifier rather than a keyword: "MONTH", "YEAR", etc.
59723 Mar 2006 @ 05:31 PSTJonnyDatabaseTopiccommand lineDoes anyone know how to submit backups from a command line.I googled and saw the text below from Jose. I need to wait for the Arcmain return code. Is there any documentation on how to do this?Thank...
59623 Mar 2006 @ 02:40 PSTdavliDatabaseReplyIdentity Column Not Coming in a sequence. Need Suggestion.hi,In Teradata, is there an equivalent of the Sequence feature such as in Oracle? Identity is good but currently you cannot copy table with identity column, also it's less than ideal that you have...
59523 Mar 2006 @ 10:46 PSTshaik.feroz@aaa-calif.comDatabaseReplywhy does sql cannot pass systax?MONTH and YEAR are KEY WORDS you cannot use them as a field name or table name.There are many such KEY WORDS that you cannot use as table or column names.change the name to MONTH_NUM, or MONTH_VAL ...
59423 Mar 2006 @ 08:45 PSTdixonDatabaseTopicsteps to work on TERADATAHi Allonce i installed teradata demo into my system. what is the next step. when, where and what i need to start to work Onto it. since bcoz i am new to TERADATA i need this basic information.Thanks.
59323 Mar 2006 @ 07:55 PSTmatty.jiangDatabaseTopicwhy does sql cannot pass systax?CREATE MULTISET TABLE ODS_TIME ( DATE_ID DATE NOT NULL, DAY_OF_WEEK VARCHAR(20) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC, MONTH VARCHAR(20) CHARACTER SET LATIN NOT CASESPECIFIC, ...

Pages