All forum activity

#DateUserForumTypeThreadPost
86704 May 2006 @ 06:55 PDTAmitDatabaseReplyHow to find a lost password for a userThanks,But what if you forgets your only Administrators password :-) I know in a work situation it will not happen as you will have more than one administrators. This question come up when I was d...
86604 May 2006 @ 06:19 PDTTDUser-781DatabaseReplyHow to find a lost password for a userHi Amit,I don't think you can retireve a pwd once it has stored in the DD. If you look at dbc.DBase table you may understand the reason...If I were you I would chenge the user pwd connecting with a...
86504 May 2006 @ 05:49 PDTtihomaDatabaseTopicdrop database ?Hello,is there a store procedure or something to drop a database that has descendant. ( descendant are database or user in my problem).I tried drop database x cascade but didn't work.can someone he...
86404 May 2006 @ 05:01 PDTAmitDatabaseTopicHow to find a lost password for a userHi,Can anyone let me know if there is any way we can retrieve the user's password from any system table in Teradata.If someone forgets his/her SYSDBS password then what is the way to retrieve that....
86304 May 2006 @ 04:50 PDTpietroNardellaDatabaseReplycast a timestamp value as a time valueSheridany,try this statement:select Pe_Sess_Strt_Dt_Tm (format 'HH:MI') (varchar(80))Note that implicit cast (varchar(80)) is necessary to ODBC connections (like sql assistant).
86204 May 2006 @ 04:12 PDTDGiabbaiToolsReplyImporting with BTEQTry using either the "Coalesce" function or a "case when ... then ... else ... end" statement... If you still cannot solve your problem, it would be helpful to see the actual script.Hope it helps.
86104 May 2006 @ 03:53 PDTpietroNardellaDatabaseReplyMultiLoad utility using delimited file.Perez, you have to insert this statement in .IMPORT directive:format vartext '|'that's say in your example we have:.import INFILE c:\pervez\family.txt layout INPUTLAYOUT format...
86004 May 2006 @ 01:59 PDTNitsToolsTopicImporting Data from Teradata to OracleHi,For my application, I want to import some data selected by query in Teradata into Oracle.Please suggest the possible way outs for this.
85904 May 2006 @ 01:53 PDTNitsUDATopicImporting Data from Teradata to OracleHi,I want to import data based on some query from Teradata to Oracle.Please give suggestions in that respect.
85804 May 2006 @ 01:22 PDTduwest73ToolsTopicImporting with BTEQI'm having a problem using BTEQ to import some rows into a table.I have two bteq scripts, very basic: one exports a table to a flat file, the other imports the data right back from the flat file.My...
85703 May 2006 @ 10:24 PDTPervez AhmedUDAReplyMload delimited file with delimiter embedded in fieldCan pipe delemited file be read by the MLOAD utility. If you can please send the sample .LAYOUT and FIELD definitions.Thanks
85603 May 2006 @ 10:12 PDTPervez AhmedDatabaseTopicMultiLoad utility using delimited file.I have created a delimeted file and wanted to use against FASTLOAD and MLOAD Utilities. To define these delimeted fields in FASTLOAD, I used .SET RECORD as follows:.set record vartext "|";define ...
85503 May 2006 @ 03:04 PDTdcasadyConnectivityReply*** Failure 7566 The protected mode user is not defined; cannot execute UDFYes. The interesting thing is when I first checked, the user did not exist but the group 'tdatudf' did. I then created the UNIX user 'tdatuser' as a locked user on all nodes.
85403 May 2006 @ 02:26 PDTTDAT123DatabaseReplyYear and Month only fieldThanks a lot Pietro ...It really helps a lot.
85303 May 2006 @ 02:10 PDTFredThird Party SoftwareReplySSH for MP-RASSince you're running MP-RAS 3.02, get Open Source Tool Set packages (openssl, openssh, prngd at a minimum) from the patch server or MySupportLink. Your Teradata service contact should be able to he...
85203 May 2006 @ 01:59 PDTFredConnectivityReply*** Failure 7566 The protected mode user is not defined; cannot execute UDFAre you certain tdatuser is defined on ALL nodes in your system?
85103 May 2006 @ 01:06 PDTSunil AgrawalDatabaseReplyUpdating a particular character in a fieldSathya,From your problem description, it seems that this is one time fix that you want to apply. If this is correct then you can fix this in following ways: -1. The solution you mention works only ...
85003 May 2006 @ 12:28 PDTdcasadyConnectivityTopic*** Failure 7566 The protected mode user is not defined; cannot execute UDFI am trying to execute a UDF for the first time on the DBS using BTEQ in protected mode. I have created the 'tdatuser' user in group 'tdatudf' in UNIX and have successfully created the UDF in the ...
84903 May 2006 @ 12:16 PDTsheridanyDatabaseTopiccast a timestamp value as a time valueI have a timestamp field that I want to cast as a time value.The data in the field values look like this:2005-12-07 09:32:39I just want the HH:MM portion of the timestamp. I tried different varian...
84803 May 2006 @ 06:53 PDTpietroNardellaThird Party SoftwareReplySSH for MP-RASTryhttp://www.openssh.comgood luck!
84703 May 2006 @ 06:48 PDTPGibbo Contract Recruit&SupplyJobsTopicTeradata candiates Required UKGood day all, I have requirements at the moment for Teradata cands in Berkshire and Dorset. Please forward you Cv to me in confidence if you are looking for a change or indeed are currently availab...
84603 May 2006 @ 05:45 PDTpietroNardellaDatabaseReplyBenefit of collect stats on non-index columnsSunil,I think that the stats are very useful to the optimizer in join conditions with this column(s) and the redistribution in spool space. For example the optimizer re-distribuites the smallest ta...
84503 May 2006 @ 05:32 PDTpietroNardellaDatabaseReplyYear and Month only fieldTDAT123, when you work with ODBC (sql Assistant) you must do an implicit cast of the results. For example, to get the desired format date you can try this sql via sql assistant:SELECT curr...
84402 May 2006 @ 06:35 PDTDGiabbaiDatabaseReplySubstr causing problem-killing query performanceLDM's first normal form requires "atomicity" of each field... as stated by Sunil.
84302 May 2006 @ 06:29 PDTDGiabbaiDatabaseReplyUpdating a particular character in a fieldFind the Replace UDF function within the Oracle UDFs set:http://www.teradata.com/t/go.aspx/index.html?id=123970

Pages