All forum activity

#DateUserForumTypeThreadPost
89209 May 2006 @ 02:24 PDTNytewyndUDAReplyImporting Data from Teradata to OracleYou can set up a Oracle heterogeneous service to connect to teradata through an ODBC connection, and then create a DBLink right to Teradata.You can use the DBMS_HS_PASSTHROUGH functions to run nati...
89108 May 2006 @ 03:23 PDTSunil AgrawalDatabaseReplySomething in Teradat as is CONNECT BY in Oracleselect item , sales , sum(sales) over () total_sum , sum(sales) over (rows unbounded preceding) as cum_sum , (cum_sum-sales)*100/total_sum as start_cum_perc , (case when start_c...
89008 May 2006 @ 09:40 PDTNitsDatabaseTopicSomething in Teradat as is CONNECT BY in OracleI am working on the design phase of a project. The coding for this project needs to be done in Teradata. The logic is as below: Item Sales Cumulative Percentage Service level Classificatio...
88908 May 2006 @ 04:01 PDTTDUser-781ToolsReplyMultiload pre-Begin Mload Target Table DELETE ALLHi bc,dropping/deleting tables or doing housekeeping sql before the .begin mload statement is permitted in a MLD thanks to the support environment that is a special environment that allows you to e...
88806 May 2006 @ 02:47 PDTFredToolsReplyImporting with BTEQIf you are using VARTEXT format for the input file, all the fields in the USING clause should be declared as VARCHAR, with the max allowable length. You may need to use explicit FORMAT, CAST, etc. ...
88706 May 2006 @ 01:00 PDTFrontierBillToolsTopicMultiload pre-Begin Mload Target Table DELETE ALLI recently ran across an MLOAD Script that, prior to the BEGIN MLOAD, contained the standard set of DROP Work/ET/UV table statements along with anDELETE FROM TABLENAME ALL; all inside the Mload sc...
88605 May 2006 @ 08:40 PDTduwest73ToolsReplyImporting with BTEQWell, since I wasn't having much luck I'm now trying merely to insert a null string with bteq. However, I'm doing something wrong, because even that's not working.All I'm trying to do is use one bt...
88505 May 2006 @ 04:51 PDTVincent GabrielliToolsReplydelete primary indexThanks to all the replies, I have corrected the SQL script accordingly
88405 May 2006 @ 02:56 PDTBBR2ToolsReplydelete primary indexYou can change PI definition of table if the table is empty.You may want to refer SQL Reference: DDL for exact symantics.Vinay
88305 May 2006 @ 02:17 PDTDEEPUUDAReplySQL syntax to check values in a groupHi,Look for the "PREV_VALUE" & "RESULT" logic in below query.SEL SS_ID, CURR_VALUE, (SUM(CURR_VALUE)OVER(ROWS 1 PRECEDING) - CURR_VALUE) "PREV_VALUE" ,(CASE WHEN CURR_VALUE > PREV_VALUE THEN 'TRUE'...
88205 May 2006 @ 01:02 PDTDEEPUUDAReplyFastexport helpRemove 'TRIM' from TRIM(Policy_Insurance_Score_Cd) in your Group By.GROUP BYTRIM(State_Cd) ,TRIM(Company_Cd) ,TRIM(SUBSTR(Line_Cd,1,1)) ,TRIM(Line_Of_business_Cd) ,TRIM(Policy_Form_Cd) ,TRIM(Policy...
88105 May 2006 @ 04:34 PDTTDUser-781UDAReplyHow to Create Flat FileHi, if you have Teradata RDBMS installed somewhere, on the server you'll find the executable files to run. Usually you find them in Program Files\Ncr\Teradata Client\bin\ directory.You may execute ...
88005 May 2006 @ 12:48 PDTNitsUDAReplyHow to Create Flat FilePlease tell me where to get FastExport and BTEQ utilities.These are freewares or come as part of Teradata.We are currently using Teradata client version.RegardsNitin Bajaj
87904 May 2006 @ 09:46 PDTkgraham@glotel.comUDATopicSeeking Data Warehousing Consultants for exciting careeer opportunitiesData Warehouse ConsultantNumerous positions availableCBD BasedGlobal Consultancy FirmThis is a superb chance to join a respected Market Leader and develop your consulting skills and progress in you...
87804 May 2006 @ 05:06 PDTFredToolsReplydelete primary indexThe Primary Index is part of the table structure and not a separate object. You'll have to do something like create a new table, copy (INSERT/SELECT) the data, drop the old, rename.
87704 May 2006 @ 04:50 PDTVincent GabrielliToolsTopicdelete primary indexHi trying to delete the primary index of a file that is created daily. However the index created is not using the right field and I would like to delete and recreate using a new field. we are us...
87604 May 2006 @ 02:53 PDTjfoxpearsonJobsTopicTrillium / Teradata Architect - Developer Position in Mpls. St. PaulI am looking for a consultant for a client in MN. I am interested in talking to 1099, hourly or salaried individuals.The current project will last 6-9 months.Our firm is a solutions provider with a...
87504 May 2006 @ 10:46 PDTJim ChapmanToolsReplyHow to display all columns with betq commandUse the ".set foldline on" command to allow BTEQ to fold a row across multiple lines. For a prettier format, also ".set sidetitles on".
87404 May 2006 @ 10:35 PDTJim ChapmanDatabaseReplyHow to find a lost password for a userBy design, passwords are stored in DBC.DBase using a one-way encryption method. If you forget a password, consider it gone forever.
87304 May 2006 @ 08:49 PDTDGiabbaiUDAReplyHow to Create Flat FileYou could replicate the logic of the following example bteq script (which outputs the file as a CSV formatted file):.SET WIDTH 65531;.LOGON demo/dbc,dbc;.OS DEL /Q EventLog.txt.EXPORT DATA FILE=Eve...
87204 May 2006 @ 08:48 PDTTDUser-781UDAReplyHow to Create Flat FileHi Nits,you can create a flat file using fastexport utility. at this file:.logtable
87104 May 2006 @ 07:50 PDTNitsUDATopicHow to Create Flat FileHi,Please give inputs to create Flat File in Teradata containing the result set of a query.
87004 May 2006 @ 07:32 PDTPervez AhmedDatabaseReplyMultiLoad utility using delimited file.ThanksThis worked.
86904 May 2006 @ 07:13 PDTTDUser-781DatabaseReplyHow to find a lost password for a userWell, if you were on your personal server.... what about applying the best "stop and restart solution"? That, in your case, would be uninstall and install the RDBMS again? :-) Joking aside, I don'...
86804 May 2006 @ 06:59 PDTDGiabbaiDatabaseReplydrop database ?You have to drop databases starting from the leafs.Here is a query that automatically generates all the needed SQL statements for you, in the correct sequence. You'll have then to manually run the ...

Pages