All forum activity

#DateUserForumTypeThreadPost
99224 May 2006 @ 10:52 PDTj355gaDatabaseTopicCLOB in Stored Procedure is not workingAnyone run into this yet? I can't find any information on this. The documentation claims that CLOB is supported in SP.REPLACE PROCEDURE clob_test(IN myclob CLOB)BEGIN DECLARE myclob CLOB; EN...
99124 May 2006 @ 10:30 PDTj355gaDatabaseReplyif statment in bteq?Q: Is there any way i can use a if statment in bteq.If so can anyone provide me with the syntaxA: Limited to test condition: ERRORCODE, ACTIVITYCOUNT and ERRORLEVELTests conditions you can use= (e...
99024 May 2006 @ 09:24 PDTJaguarDatabaseTopicif statment in bteq?1.Is there any way i can use a if statment in bteq.If so can anyone provide me with the syntax2.Also is it possible to pass parameters to bteq ?3. Is it possible to use variables, assig nvalues to ...
98924 May 2006 @ 09:20 PDTJaguarToolsTopicCan we make a MLOAD script fail when the error tables are created?Hello everyone, Can we make a MLOAD script fail when the error tables are created.Currently the mload scripts exits with a return code = 0 which means loading is successful even thoug...
98824 May 2006 @ 08:28 PDTTSToolsReplyLoading Data from a file recieved from MainframesThanks a lot for the help!But the problem is still not solved, actually the TD is on network-attached, so when we get the data file from MVS system on the staging server it is converted in a format...
98724 May 2006 @ 04:22 PDTDGiabbaiDatabaseReplyImporting data from excel using the insert statementThe most common and used way of loading data to Teradata from a flat-file is through the load utilities. You could write a Fastload or Multiload script and load the CSV formatted file with that.
98624 May 2006 @ 04:17 PDTDGiabbaiDatabaseReplyCan I catch an OUT variable(s) from a stored procedure?One way is by handling errors inside the SP, and inserting into a table the error code and message from the "DECLARE HANDLER" block.You can then query that table from bteq and check for the activit...
98524 May 2006 @ 03:55 PDTTimMannsAnalyticsReplyExporting Clementine models as Teradata SQLHi Jay,I've experienced this problem, more often with DB2 on OS/Z series mainframe version (version 7 if I recall). It only supported 32k bytes of sql query. Oracle 10g and SQL Server 2000 are at ...
98423 May 2006 @ 12:18 PDTsimon.chandlerThird Party SoftwareReplyCalling sp through ODBCDon't rubbish my code but it works fine. It was written in FrontPage.Create User<script language="JavaScript"></script><script language="JavaScript"></script> <script language...
98323 May 2006 @ 12:03 PDTsimon.chandlerDatabaseReplyImporting data from excel using the insert statementLooking at this differently.Try linking the excel spreadsheet to an access database. Link to your target table in teradata using ODBC.Then create a insert data query in the query.Its messy and not...
98223 May 2006 @ 11:35 PDTj355gaDatabaseReplyCan I catch an OUT variable(s) from a stored procedure?Unfortunately error handling with SP in Teradata is none too clean.You can display an OUT using SQL Assistant and in BTEQ. You can also use an OUT from another SP called within the SP. From SQL As...
98123 May 2006 @ 10:23 PDTstami27-2406DatabaseTopicCan I catch an OUT variable(s) from a stored procedure?Hi stored procedure experts,know someone if I can catch an OUT variable(s) from a stored procedure after calling it from a bteq on Unix Teradata V2R.05.01 or exist somthing like.IF ERRORCODE 0 THE...
98023 May 2006 @ 10:10 PDTstami27-2406DatabaseTopicCan I catch an OUT variable(s) from a stored procedure?Hi stored procedure experts,know someone if I can catch an OUT variable(s) from a stored procedure after calling it from a bteq on Unix Teradata V2R.05.01 or exist somthing like.IF ERRORCODE 0 THE...
97923 May 2006 @ 08:38 PDTcsaalDatabaseReplyImporting data from excel using the insert statementThanks for the help, that'll work! I'm still interested if anyone has a way to do it with one statement...
97823 May 2006 @ 08:12 PDTNytewyndDatabaseReplyImporting data from excel using the insert statementIf you have the file in excel, you can create a column that uses the concatenate function to build your insert statements.=concatenate("insert into cs.tag_table2 (field1, field2) values (",A1,",",B...
97722 May 2006 @ 04:26 PDTcsaalDatabaseTopicImporting data from excel using the insert statementI've created a volatile table and want to import a multiple field list into it from an excel file I have saved as delimited text. I've been succesful with a single field, but not multiple fields. ...
97622 May 2006 @ 04:19 PDTcsaalAnalyticsReplyUpdating a table from an imported fileCan you tell me how to add new records from the import records command? I can import into a volatile table that has one field, but I've had no luck with multiple fields...
97522 May 2006 @ 12:55 PDTCabelasITRecruitingJobsTopicTeradata Business Architect needed at Cabela's Inc.Opportunity: Come join our team! Cabela's – World’s Foremost Outfitter, a leader in the outdoor lifestyle retail market, is looking for a Sr. Enterprise Data Warehouse Architect with a strong...
97422 May 2006 @ 11:43 PDTMG-2398ToolsReplyAccessing Oracle Table from Teradata and vice-a-versaYou could use an ETL tool to manage the connections for you. There are some good ones out there these days. Even some CRM campaign management tools can perform some basic ETL type activity for you....
97322 May 2006 @ 08:50 PDTDGiabbaiToolsReplyLoading Data from a file recieved from MainframesWhile reading the documentation for Multiload "Run-Time Parameters" I've found that a run-time parameter is "CHAR SET=VALUE" for channel attached systems (or "-c VALUE" for network attached systems...
97222 May 2006 @ 06:49 PDTTSToolsTopicLoading Data from a file recieved from MainframesHi,We need to load data into TD tables using the file we recieve from Mainframes. But the file which we receive from mainframe contains the data in packed integers and packed Decimals, i.e. in Bina...
97121 May 2006 @ 08:06 PDTTCM_TorontoJobsTopicTeradata Certified Master Looking for Job OpportunitiesHi All,I am a Teradata Certified Master looking for job opportunities outside of USA and Canada...preferably in Europe, Middle East, Asia, Australia or Africa. I am a Canadian national and have mor...
97020 May 2006 @ 01:39 PDTnithyanandamDatabaseReply10065 WSA E HostUnreachWell. You may be right. The port sniffer shows that the "Teradata GTW Reserve Port" uses some port 5556.... Now then, is there a way to re-assign 1025 to this?
96919 May 2006 @ 05:57 PDTrlaskarUDAReplySQL to retrieve datatype of a columnThanks.
96819 May 2006 @ 05:09 PDTJim ChapmanDatabaseReplyData DistributionIt all depends on how you define the primary index. You can place the rows all on one AMP, or you can distribute them randomly. If the table will never have more than a few rows, it would make se...

Pages