All forum activity

#DateUserForumTypeThreadPost
101726 May 2006 @ 07:31 PDTJaguarDatabaseReplycan we run bteq script/stored procedure from mload?Hi, Appreciate your help..I tried out using the .ABORT command in bteq and use the same command as you had given but i got the following error *** Error: Unrecognized command ABORTAre there are an...
101626 May 2006 @ 07:26 PDTpmoe33ToolsTopicDate Comparisions - Differing formatsMy database uses the date format yyyy-mm-dd. I have a new data source that uses yyyymm for a key date. How can I compare the two? I need to essentially do this:whereyyyymm between yyyy-mm-dd1 an...
101526 May 2006 @ 02:58 PDTdnoethDatabaseReplyData Block sizeWhy don't you simply check the manuals?SQL Reference: Data Definition Statements, CREATE TABLEDieter
101426 May 2006 @ 02:54 PDTdnoethDatabaseReplyis it is it possible to display contents of a table through stored procedure?You can't return an answerset through a SP, just a single line using SELECT INTO.I don't understand, why you ever want to do that, but you could use dynamic sql within your SP, e.g.:create procedur...
101326 May 2006 @ 02:46 PDTdnoethDatabaseReplyComparing two tablesMINUS: spool both tables & redistribute -> sort distinct -> exclusion merge joinIs the table SET or MULTISET? If it's MULTISET you'll need MINUS ALL, if it's SET, then MINUS ALL is more efficient, ...
101226 May 2006 @ 01:03 PDTmanneDatabaseTopicData Block sizeHi all,I have a query regarding setting that Data block size while creating the tablewe can give set the datablock size using Datablocksize = integer (can be in bytes and kbytes)What does...
101125 May 2006 @ 12:07 PDTj355gaDatabaseReplyCLOB in Stored Procedure is not workingMy bad - the SP is actually defined as shown, but still produces the error. Hopefully we will get the fix soon. ThanksREPLACE PROCEDURE brin_dev.clob_test(IN myclob CLOB)BEGINDECLARE myclob2 CLOB;...
101025 May 2006 @ 11:29 PDTJim ChapmanDatabaseReplyCLOB in Stored Procedure is not workingEvidently, it should have failed to compile due to the duplicate definition of "myclob". This appears to have been fixed recently, but I don't know which release has the fix.
100925 May 2006 @ 10:32 PDTj355gaDatabaseReplycan we run bteq script/stored procedure from mload?Here's one way - create a bteq step that runs first (before the mload):.logon....abort 'Error table exists - cannot continue'where 0 < (select count(*) from dbc.tables where tablename='ET_MY_TABLE...
100825 May 2006 @ 10:26 PDTFredToolsReplyis it possible to display contents of a table through stored procedure?If the structure of the "returned" table is always the same, Global Temporary tables are easier to use for this purpose than Volatile tables. If the structure varies, CREATE VOLATILE TABLE ... AS ...
100725 May 2006 @ 10:12 PDTj355gaToolsReplyis it possible to display contents of a table through stored procedure?No you cannot do this (display the results), but you can create the table in the SP. I've heard V2R7 will have the ability to display the results but I don't know that for sure.The standard way to...
100625 May 2006 @ 09:59 PDTJaguarToolsReplyis it possible to display contents of a table through stored procedure?I need to pass the table name as a parameter to the stored procedure
100525 May 2006 @ 09:56 PDTJaguarDatabaseReplyis it is it possible to display contents of a table through stored procedure?I need to pass the table name as a parameter to the stored procedure
100425 May 2006 @ 09:22 PDTJaguarDatabaseTopicis it is it possible to display contents of a table through stored procedure?Hello everyone, is it is it possible to display contents of a table through stored procedure?If yes then can some one provide me with the syntaxappreciate your helpThanksRegards
100325 May 2006 @ 09:21 PDTJaguarToolsTopicis it possible to display contents of a table through stored procedure?Hello everyone, is it is it possible to display contents of a table through stored procedure?If yes then can some one provide me with the syntaxappreciate your helpThanksRegards
100225 May 2006 @ 08:15 PDTTSToolsReplyLoading Data from a file recieved from MainframesThanks a lot for the inputs!!Regards,TS.
100125 May 2006 @ 07:00 PDTJaguarDatabaseTopiccan we run bteq script/stored procedure from mload?I need to run a bteq/stored procedure script from a a mload script..I know i can use the .SYSTEM command to run a os command..My Requirement :Actually Mload application error table is creating prob...
100025 May 2006 @ 05:34 PDTJaguarToolsTopiccan we invoke bteq script from mload scriptI need to run a bteq/stored procedure script from a a mload script..I know i can use the .SYSTEM command to run a os command..My Requirement :Actually Mload application error table is creating prob...
99925 May 2006 @ 02:50 PDTJaguarToolsReplyCan we make a MLOAD script fail when the error tables are created?Thanks jeff.,I tried out the following and it worked .IF &SYSETCNT1 > 0 THEN ;.LOGOFF 12;.ELSE;.IF &SYSUVCNT1 > 0 THEN;.LOGOFF 12;.ENDIF;.ENDIF;Appreciate for all the help
99825 May 2006 @ 01:41 PDTJaguarToolsReplyCan we make a MLOAD script fail when the error tables are created?Thanks Jeff...Can you please give me more details..I am new to Teradata...Where can we set these pre-defined system variables in the mload script?Is it possible to assign values to these variables...
99724 May 2006 @ 10:56 PDTnithyanandamDatabaseReply10065 WSA E HostUnreachOkay. I re-imaged my thinkpad and had the demo re-installed. It worked! Really baffled about this.. I did not do anything different during the installation and it's all the same whatever I did duri...
99624 May 2006 @ 05:19 PDTFredAnalyticsReplyHow to format the output in teradataUse CAST function within your SELECT, e.g.CAST(check_status AS CHAR(50))
99524 May 2006 @ 04:50 PDTFredToolsReplyLoading Data from a file recieved from MainframesTeradata utilities expect input data to be in a "native" format for the platform on which the client is running. So mainframe format data is handled nicely when your Teradata system is channel-atta...
99424 May 2006 @ 12:53 PDTshaik.feroz@aaa-calif.comDatabaseTopicComparing two tablesHi GurusI have two huge tables TABLE-A and TABLE-B (200 Million rows in each table)Now I am checking to see if both the table are identical or not.one way of testing it is sel * from table-Aminusse...
99324 May 2006 @ 12:30 PDTj355gaToolsReplyCan we make a MLOAD script fail when the error tables are created?Try this - sets the RC to the max rc + uv + et + reject count .logoff &SYSUVCNT + &SYSRJCTCNT + &SYSETCNT + &SYSRC;

Pages