All forum activity

#DateUserForumTypeThreadPost
126704 Jul 2006 @ 07:37 PDTKir BojoToolsReplyFastLoad Performance Tuning for large volumes of input dataThanks Vinay.The reply was more informative. I checked out for the skew factor and it falls between 5-8. I have a requirement constraint that i can't create a Unique PI. In fact, the records cannot...
126604 Jul 2006 @ 07:10 PDTvgialelisUDAReplySQLthx Dieter, I will try this
126503 Jul 2006 @ 02:16 PDTdnoethUDAReplySQLHi Vasilis,trySEL descr FROM Table WHERE descr = 'my description' || '0D'xc'0D'xc: "x" means a hex-string to be converted to a "c" character-stringDieter
126403 Jul 2006 @ 11:31 PDTvgialelisUDAReplySQLThanks Tbob,but the problem is that I have entries in this field like:colname------------------'my description.\n''my description and some more.\n'.....so I can't use this statement:sel * from tabl...
126303 Jul 2006 @ 11:17 PDTRGlassUDAReplySQLVasilis,sounds like you might use'like'select * from table where column like '%a%';or sel * from tablewhere colname like any ('%a%', '%b%');SQL reference found www.info.ncr.comTbob
126203 Jul 2006 @ 10:58 PDTvgialelisUDATopicSQLHello everyobody,I am totally new to teradata and my SQL background is also not so long. I will be working with TERADATA ODBC driver 3.03. I need to make a select based on a string field. All entri...
126103 Jul 2006 @ 09:55 PDTBBR2ToolsReplyFastLoad Performance Tuning for large volumes of input dataYou may want to see the skew factor for the table.You can use the following query or you may use Teradata administrator to find this.It is best if we have a skewfactor of about 5-8 for large tables...
126003 Jul 2006 @ 09:37 PDTKir BojoToolsReplyFastLoad Performance Tuning for large volumes of input dataThanks Angel.I created the table as MULTISET and made a test run for 100000 records. There was slight improvement in the speed but still the performance is hit by time consumption of little less th...
125903 Jul 2006 @ 06:09 PDTANGELToolsReplyFastLoad Performance Tuning for large volumes of input dataHI,As stated ion your query you have NUPI defined on the table. You have not mentioned whether you table is SET or MULTISET. Assuming your table is SET, then Teradata does a duplicate row check for...
125802 Jul 2006 @ 02:29 PDTKir BojoToolsReplyFastLoad Performance Tuning for large volumes of input dataTarget table is created as below:CREATE TABLE fssLoad_t( UnixTimestamp char(24), transDateTime TIMESTAMP NOT NULL, UserID char(6) NOT NULL...
125730 Jun 2006 @ 01:27 PDTBarry-1604ToolsReplySecondary index SubtableI'm not sure I understand your question.The secondary index subtable is a "hidden" table automatically maintained by Teradata when you create a secondary index on a table. The DDL to create a seco...
125630 Jun 2006 @ 01:22 PDTBarry-1604ToolsReplyFastLoad Performance Tuning for large volumes of input dataCould you give us some insight into your target table? What is the primary index of your target table and how unique is the primary index?
125530 Jun 2006 @ 01:09 PDTKir BojoToolsTopicFastLoad Performance Tuning for large volumes of input dataHi,I am facing a problem Loading a data from an input file. Though the data is being successfully loaded to respective table in Teradata, the time taken for this task is high.Some important informa...
125430 Jun 2006 @ 11:28 PDTFarid KhanToolsTopicSecondary index SubtableHi, Could you please tell me What is the DDL of Secondary index subtable ? I just wanted to know what are the Columns will be there in the secondary index subtable and the Meaning of those columns....
125330 Jun 2006 @ 10:27 PDTdnoethDatabaseReplyLooping of data from Teradata Global Temporary TablesHmmm, you're replacing a cursor with a temp table and then use a cursor to process the temp table rows?Cursors are only allowed within Embedded SQL and Stored Procedures, check the manuals...Could ...
125230 Jun 2006 @ 10:22 PDTdnoethDatabaseReplyHow do you declare a variable in Teradata SQL?Hi Matt,looks like a part of a SP in T-SQL to have a parameterized view.In a lot of cases you can use a Teradata macro for that. No variables/loops/if but parameters.create macro blabla (startdate ...
125130 Jun 2006 @ 09:48 PDTkathykUDAReplySomeone end this argument pleaseGet a copy of this report from Gartner "The 'Star With Third-Normal-Form' Hybrid Is a Data Warehouse Best Practice"."What You Need to Know: Data warehouse implementers, architects, modelers and da...
125030 Jun 2006 @ 09:35 PDTMattW At ATTDatabaseReplyHow do you declare a variable in Teradata SQL?Here it is in sample format:--step 0 This step create variables so I don't have to look through the code and worry about the dates I'm working withCreate volatile Table TEMP As (Select'1060401' (i...
124930 Jun 2006 @ 06:28 PDTnavshilpDatabaseTopicLooping of data from Teradata Global Temporary TablesHi,I've created a Global Temporary Table to avoid cursor. I need to fetch the records and then loop it. Depending on the values i obtain i need to process it. Can anyone tell me how can i do this.I...
124830 Jun 2006 @ 12:40 PDTKksJobsTopicTerdatat reqmt in UKHello,looking for Teradata experts in UK.people authorised to work in UK need only contact.if interested please PM me for details
124729 Jun 2006 @ 09:26 PDTsethiyaguDatabaseReplyHow do you declare a variable in Teradata SQL?Matt,Could you please post the T-SQL code, I am interested to learn how its working.ThanksStration
124629 Jun 2006 @ 03:13 PDTPhaniConnectivityReplyTrying to set up ODBC connectionWhat TTU are you using? Before installing the ODBC driver, there are other dependencies such as TDICU and TeraGSS packages. These need to be installed first before installing ODBC driver.
124529 Jun 2006 @ 03:08 PDTPhaniAnalyticsReplydbql rule helpAs mentioned in the error message, if you select Summary, you can not add a rule with other options. The best way to see these dependecies is to use Teradata Administrator. If you select Query Logg...
124429 Jun 2006 @ 01:52 PDTPhaniDatabaseReplyJoinsThe joins are picked up based on the costing. The whole plan is built by costing different paths. If you have enough stats for a NUSI-UPI join you may expect Nested Join. Similarly, if the demograp...
124329 Jun 2006 @ 11:57 PDTMattW At ATTDatabaseReplyIs there an Equivilant Function to Execute in Teradata.Ok that was a poor example. I am actually trying to do something more likeExecute ('create table '|| temp.tablename|| ' yadda yadda' where I'd create a different table per month and increment the t...

Pages