All forum activity

#DateUserForumTypeThreadPost
131711 Jul 2006 @ 09:58 PDTRGlassAnalyticsReplyIs there a 'sounds-like' phonetic function ?Could be how 'fone' is perceived to be pronounced by TDSELECT case when SOUNDEX('fawn') = SOUNDEX('fone') then 'both equal' else 'both not equal ' endboth equalTbob
131611 Jul 2006 @ 08:19 PDTBarry-1604AnalyticsReplyIS-NUMERIC functionsAfter looking at this again, I see that Jeff is right...even the "to_number_3.c" code returns the 7504 message. In order to return a NULL, you'll need to go into the funtion and modify it to issue...
131511 Jul 2006 @ 08:13 PDTbalaji.sDatabaseTopicGuidance relating to secondary index and unique column constraintWhen we create a table and specify a unique constraint on a specific column(s), and we are not specifying any secondary indexes, but the table is created with secondary indexes with all the columns...
131411 Jul 2006 @ 08:05 PDTmadeelsabirAnalyticsReplyIs there a 'sounds-like' phonetic function ?Barry,What you say about it ?SELECT case when SOUNDEX('phone') = SOUNDEX('fone') then 'both equal' else 'both not equal :-( ' endRegards,M.Adeel Sabir
131311 Jul 2006 @ 07:42 PDTBarry-1604AnalyticsReplyIS-NUMERIC functionsIf you use the "to_number_3.c" code, it will return a NULL if the number is not valid. Sorry for not clarifying earlier.
131211 Jul 2006 @ 07:33 PDTBarry-1604AnalyticsReplyIs there a 'sounds-like' phonetic function ?Yes, Teradata has a function called SOUNDEX does what you're looking for. If two strings have the same soundex value, then they are phonetically equivalent.Good luck!
131111 Jul 2006 @ 07:03 PDTterasumanAnalyticsTopicEquivalent of Oracle-SEQUENCE_NAME.NEXTVAL in TeradataHi All, I want to know how to access the Nextval in a Sequence (say SEQ_NAME.NEXTVAL in Oracle)and its implementation in Teradata... Please suggest!!!
131011 Jul 2006 @ 06:38 PDTmadeelsabirDatabaseTopicTables updated in last one hourHi All,I want to know the tables which are updated in last one hour, which dbc table/view can help in this regard ?Thanks in Advance.Regards,M.Adeel Sabir
130911 Jul 2006 @ 05:45 PDTmahyanToolsReplyReleasing Mload Lock.Thanks Farid for your help on this.Actually there was a lock pending on the table from database side (Not really sure why this was still there). My DBA helped me get that released. Now the load is ...
130811 Jul 2006 @ 05:24 PDTFarid KhanToolsReplyReleasing Mload Lock.Hi,Observe first the Return code of MLOAD log file.If Return code is 0 means ur mload was ran successfully. - Mload will not be active on ur Mload table, and ET, UV, WT, ML tables will be drop...
130711 Jul 2006 @ 05:07 PDTFarid KhanToolsTopicAbout CrashDumps in TeradataHi, What is CrashDumps, how these will be usefull in Teradata RDBMS. How these will be operated when failures happend? Could you please share your ideas with me, i don't have much knowledge about...
130611 Jul 2006 @ 05:00 PDTKir BojoToolsReplyFastLoad Performance Tuning for large volumes of input dataThanks Fred.FastLoad is running on a separate application server and not on the TPA node.The application server is in a different network and the TPA node in another. Both the networks are configur...
130511 Jul 2006 @ 03:43 PDTsandeshgitteUDATopicUrgent Please Help MeHi People,I am really desperate here. I hope someone can help me. If anyone has worked in Datastage , Could you please tell me how to wite a Datastage Routine with Actual Code as an Example or two....
130410 Jul 2006 @ 07:58 PDTTimMannsAnalyticsTopicIs there a 'sounds-like' phonetic function ?Hi all,I'm currently working on a data cleaning exercise, consolidating customers who have separate ID's, but are actually duplicates. The data are manually entered and therefore minor variations ...
130310 Jul 2006 @ 01:24 PDTj355gaAnalyticsReplyIS-NUMERIC functionsthe UDF to_number function returns 7504 error if you pass it a non-numeric: "INVALID CHARACTER .. IN NUMBER STRING"
130210 Jul 2006 @ 05:28 PDTmahyanToolsTopicReleasing Mload Lock.Environment: Teradata, Informatica , Unix.I aborted a workflow in Informatica that used a mload connection. I also killed the Mload process running on unix box. Now I want to clean up the DB by rel...
130110 Jul 2006 @ 03:07 PDTragavTrainingReplyTeradata Certification Books for SaleHi TintinDo you have any coffingdw certification books for Administrator or DesignArchitect or Developer or physical implementation.If yes please contact me with the amount.i am intrested in buying...
130010 Jul 2006 @ 02:46 PDTragavTrainingReplyHELP on Teradata Application Developer examNo i dont have any sample questions/PDF regarding developer exam.but i think the sample questions given in coffingdw and teradata.com will suffice.my problem is i dont have any material/pdf for pre...
129910 Jul 2006 @ 02:11 PDTtalal_ahmadToolsTopicSet-up and Execution of ProceduresI have written a procedure which uses temporary variables and also uses dynamic SQL as well.I have not been able to compile or run the procedure.Can anyone guide me on how to compile and run the pr...
129808 Jul 2006 @ 10:54 PDTRaomJobsTopicLooking for a Teradata Developer OpportunityHi,I have very good experience working on Teradata and TCRM for the last 6 years plus.Lot of Mainframe experience. I am looking for a change now and really looking forwardfor a challenging position...
129708 Jul 2006 @ 08:18 PDTchuck.ehrstine@lexisnexisThird Party SoftwareTopicDataStage Enterprise Stage Executing Teradata MacrosWe are beginning to work with DataStage and wish to switch a lot of processing from executing on the Mainframe to DataStage. We employ a lot of parameterized Macros in our ETL environment, and some...
129607 Jul 2006 @ 06:31 PDTFredToolsReplyFastLoad Performance Tuning for large volumes of input dataIs the FastLoad running directly on one of the database (TPA) nodes or on a separate application server? Client CPU usage appears not to be an issue (1.44 seconds). Have you looked at disk I/O and ...
129507 Jul 2006 @ 03:09 PDTgflohrJobsTopicTeradata Data Warehouse Architect Opportunity - Travelers Insurance Co.Please contact: George FlohrInformation Systems Staffing & Recruitment Travelers One Tower SquareHartford, CT 06183(860) 277-1210e-mail: gflohr@travelers.comweb: www.travelers.com__________________...
129407 Jul 2006 @ 09:00 PDTANGELTrainingReplyHELP on Teradata Application Developer examHi,Do you have any sample questions/PDF apart from the ones available on the sites.thanksAngel
129307 Jul 2006 @ 08:24 PDTKrustyDatabaseReplyProblem with installation Teradata V2R6I have administrative privileges on my notebook and it´s a new installation.

Pages