All Forums Database
car 2 posts Joined 02/08
29 Feb 2008
still error 10065 WSA

Hello,Have gone through previous posts on this, but still no luck.I've installed V2 R6 from Teradata Warehouse 8.1 demo CD.On a Windows 2003 server. Brand new, no other applications installed on it yet.Installed: -BYNET driver-database-tools and utilities-demo applicationsthen on the system DSN: I configured the data source with:Name = DemoTDATip= 127.0.0.1 (machine name)and left the option "do not resolve alias name with IP address" unchecked.user name and password dbc.checked in Windows services: Bynet, Teradata GTWand inetd all running. All on same server machine and am trying to test the connection from the same server machine.Then if I launch Teradata Administrator and try to connect to DemoTDat, I still get the error: "10065 WSA E HostUnreach: The Teradata server can't currently be reached over this network. in a cmd prompt, I did:pdestateI get: PDE state is RUN/ReadyThen: telnet localhost 1025I get: could not open connection to the host, on port 1025: connect failedThen: telnet localhostI get: could not open connection to the host, on port 23: connect failed(why port 23??)my hosts file looks like this:127.0.0.1 localhost DemoTDAT DemoTDATcop1 dbc dbccop1I have also tried changing it to:127.0.0.1 localhost DemoTDAT DemoTDATcop1and127.0.0.1 localhost DemoTDATand restarted TD services after each change, but get the same results.using a port sniffer:- I don't see Teradata GTW Reserve Port in the list- port 1025 does not appear to be in use.I am user admin with full rights to that machine and have installed TD with this user.I've already re-installed and tried installing on a different (also blank) Wondows 2003 server.AV and firewall are off.ONe final thing: launching TD Service COntrol, I can see TD IS running, but in the bottom of the screen, I see: "PLease wait..." Is this normal?Any ideas of what's going wrong?Many thanks for any suggestions.C

joedsilva 505 posts Joined 07/05
29 Feb 2008

what does pdestate -a say ?Also check your windows event logs .. may throw some clue...

car 2 posts Joined 02/08
29 Feb 2008

thanks for your reply.pdestate -a returns:PDE state is RUN/READYDBS state is 0/-1: DBS i snot running

You must sign in to leave a comment.