All Forums Database
brim 10 posts Joined 09/14
30 Sep 2014
How exactly do I fix an error related to 'untranslatable character'

I've found several posts regarding the same topic of an untranslatable character, but don't know how to fix the problem.
 
Both my target and source tables have Latin encoding on the column that I think is the problem. However, I'm still getting an error regarding this untranslatable character. I can't figure out 100% if this is related to the incoming data, but is there still a way to go around this? I've read to check the Translate_with_error (what's the exact name?) and translate_chk functions, but what do I do with them?

Tags:
Raja_KT 1246 posts Joined 07/09
01 Oct 2014

Have you  tried something like this?

Select   Col1

,     Translate_Chk(Col1 using Latin_To_Unicode)

,     Col2

,     Translate_Chk(Col2 using Latin_To_Unicode)

,     Col3

,     Translate_Chk(Col3 using Latin_To_Unicode)

...

from  yourtable

Where (

      Translate_Chk(Col1 using Latin_To_Unicode) <> 0

or    Translate_Chk(Col2 using Latin_To_Unicode) <> 0

or    Translate_Chk(Col3 using Latin_To_Unicode) <> 0

or    ....

      )

Raja K Thaw
My wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Kt_raj1
Street Children suffer not by their fault. We can help them if we want.

frnewbrough 41 posts Joined 03/08
02 Oct 2014

This should fix this issue.
TRANSLATE( ColumnName USING LATIN_TO_UNICODE WITH ERROR);

You must sign in to leave a comment.