All Forums Database
nithyanandam 65 posts Joined 10/04
12 May 2006
10065 WSA E HostUnreach

GuysJust wanted to find out if there is any solution for the above error.. Been searching an answer for the above problem for the couple of days but negative.Recently, installed the Teradata Demo CD and am struck up with the above issue.Let me know, if anyone has found any work-out for the aboveCheersNithyanandam.

Wahab-724 5 posts Joined 11/04
12 May 2006

Hi,I think your data base is down. Plz check it once weather your database is running or not.The possibilities of these error message is1. Database is down (OR)2. Some problem in your network connection.10065 error message will come with the above two reasons only...Note: You search with the keyword "10065" in this forum. You will find lot of posts regarding this error messageHope this helps..- Abdul Wahab

DGiabbai 47 posts Joined 07/04
12 May 2006

At the command prompt, type "pdestate" (and hit enter). if the message is not "RUN/STARTED", then you'd probably have to start the RDBMS...To start the Teradata RDBMS, type the following commands at the command prompt:net start "Teradata GTW Reserve Port"net start "Teradata inetd Service"net start "BYNET"net start recondwait for a minute, and then recheck with "pdestate"... If still not in a "RUN/STARTED" state, then you've probably got an installation problem...

14 May 2006

Okay. Thanks for the initiative taken by you all.I tried all the commands you've mentioned in the command prompt.And the message I get is:C:\Documents and Settings\Nithyanandam>pdestatePDE state is RUN/STARTED.Let me know, what else I should do.ThanksNithyanandam

14 May 2006

In the ODBC DSN configuration, is there the address 127.0.0.1?

14 May 2006

Yes. The ODBC DSN for the SQL Assistant Demo has the address 127.0.0.1 (localhost) in it.

16 May 2006

Make sure that the alias name in the hosts file is no more than 8 characters long...My line of aliases looks like this:127.0.0.1 localhost demo democop1 DemoTDAT DemoTDATcop1and I use the aliases "demo" or "DemoTDAT" to connect to my TD Demo.You can find the "hosts" file in %SystemRoot%\System32\Drivers\etc

16 May 2006

Okay. My hosts file looks like this:127.0.0.1 localhost demo DemoTDATcop1I created a new dsn in the name of demo, IP as 127.0.0.1 username/password as dbc/dbcI also modified the dsn in the Teradata Service control to "demo"But, I still get the same error...Any other guesses??

17 May 2006

Please, try connecting through BTEQ to see if you still get the same error

17 May 2006

Well, BTEQ gives me the following error:*** Warning: RDBMS CRASHED OR SESSIONS RESET. RECOVERY IN PROGRESS>So???

18 May 2006

Teradata, by default, requires port 1025 for client utilities to access the RDBMS. Make sure that no software program is obtaining that port other than Teradata (there is a windows service, "Teradata GTW Reserve Port", that should make sure that port 1025 is granted for Teradata, but sometimes it fails if another service is obtaining it before it).You could use a port sniffer or an utility like http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TcpView.html to check for ports usage.If still the port 1025 is being granted to Teradata, I'd try reinstalling the demo.Also, make sure to install the Demo with a Windows Administrator profile.

20 May 2006

Well. You may be right. The port sniffer shows that the "Teradata GTW Reserve Port" uses some port 5556.... Now then, is there a way to re-assign 1025 to this?

24 May 2006

Okay. I re-imaged my thinkpad and had the demo re-installed. It worked! Really baffled about this.. I did not do anything different during the installation and it's all the same whatever I did during my previous imstallations.

rgans_99 11 posts Joined 02/05
07 Jun 2006

Hi,Check whether you use any Firewall S/W.If it is so,turn off and try it.If the Teradata Service is running and if you are unable to connect it thruoghSQL Assistant then this error may be reported.Thanks

Phani 15 posts Joined 07/04
19 Jun 2006

Could you check the pdestate with option a like pdestate -aIf you see something like logons are disabled, you need to enable the logons. Otherwise, you can not login.

01 Aug 2006

pdestate -a shows that the logons are enabled.

01 Aug 2006

Am bit curious to know, if anyone else is struck with the same problem

tty 7 posts Joined 08/06
05 Sep 2006

I have the same problem...tried doing a re-install and it still doesn't help. Checked the 'pdestate -a' and my host file. Tried logging in through BTEQ and got the same message (DATABASE CRASHED AND RECOVERY IN PROGRESS...or something like that.)I also tried removing the apps that I installed earlier since my last restart (ERWin and Crystal Reports) and then re-installing the database but it still doesn't help.Does anyone have any ideas? Any help is appreciated!

05 Sep 2006

Well, Welcome to this club. :-)I recently got my Teradata working after having the same issue.Do you have your firewall on?If yes, shut down all the firewall and then try connecting to Teradata again.You can shut down your firewall by:Control Panel -> Windows Firewall -> Turn it off, if it is on.Then do the following:From dos prompt:telnet localhost 1025What happens, when you issue the above command?On any working system, the above command will show a blank screen which you need to close it.On a non-working system, the above command would display an error message.If you don't see any error message, it means that, your teradata is working. Now, try to connect to the Teradata while your firewall is still off.Let me know, if this works.

tty 7 posts Joined 08/06
06 Sep 2006

Hi Nithyanand,Ok, turned off the firewall and tried the telnet command. Got an error. :-( Checked the ports using 'netstat -a' and tcpview. Both don't show 1025 being used.Any more ideas? Anyone?Thanks!

06 Sep 2006

Was your teradata service started at that time?Did you turn off the firewall and then started the teradata service?If not, start the teradata service and then try the above commands.Let me know, if this works.

tty 7 posts Joined 08/06
06 Sep 2006

Yup, the Teradata services (BYNET, Teradata GTW Reserve Port, Teradata inetd serive and Teradata Service Control) are all up.I'm still getting a connection failed error when I try the 'telnet localhost 1025 command'.Would it be possible to change the port? I understand 1025 is the GTW Reserve Port. Maybe if I change it to another available port, it may work? Though this could cause havoc to other applications that may assume to connect to Teradata over the default port.

07 Sep 2006

Was the firewall completely shut off? Did you go to control Panel and shut down your firewall?When I shut down my firewall and tried connecting, I was able to do that.There are few tests, which you can try to find out if there is an issue with the IP address:ping DemoTDATcop1 - this should return IP address 127.0.0.1 nslookup DemoTDATcop1 - this should also return "unknown address" If this does not occur, probably going to wrong computer IP address. Let me know, how this works.

tty 7 posts Joined 08/06
07 Sep 2006

Yup, the firewall is completely shut-off. I've even stopped the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service.My ping on Demotdatcop1 returns a localhost address but my nslookup on demotdatcop1 returns this:Server: pridns.pacific.netAddress: 203.127.130.41Name: demotdatcop1.mydomain.comSeems like its resolving somewhere. I've tried the same on a working demo server and I got this:Server: pridns.pacific.netAddress: 203.127.130.41*** pridns.pacific.net.th can't find demotdatcop1: Non-existent domainI've also tried it on another notebook with a working demo and I got this:Server: pridns.pacific.netAddress: 203.127.130.42Name: demotdatcop1.mydomain.comSeems like even if its working fine, it does not return unknown address.

07 Sep 2006

There you go...So, the problem is with the IP address. You need to find out where this is getting resolved.

tty 7 posts Joined 08/06
07 Sep 2006

Hi again,See my earlier post. Made some updates in between. :-)

asadali.khan 11 posts Joined 10/10
30 Oct 2010

I was facing the same problem. Tried all the possibilities mentioned above. It didn't work out.
I was unable to start Teradata Database Initiator service.

Atlast i got to know that recently installed BO XI 3.0 service (Server Intelligence Agent) was blocking the port.
Once i stopped that service and tried starting Teradata Database Initiator serivce, It worked.

I have faced the same issue alot of times, and every time there was some application that was blocking the port that is required by Teradata Database Initiator.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue then try to figure out the softwares you have recently installed and stop their services. It should work for you as well. Obviously all the above mentioned solutions should be considered as well :)

Asad Ali Khan

anjalirama7 2 posts Joined 08/15
29 Aug 2015

Dear Teradata Users,
10060 WSA E Timeout:No Response received when attempting to connect to the Teradata Server.
One way to resolve the timeout issue is to increase the Connection Timeout parameter under Advanced settings , choosing Teradata.net from top left of Teradata Sql Assistant as shown in the attached snapshot. This has resolved 10060 WSA E Timeout:No Response received when attempting to connect to the Teradata Server issue for my laptop , as I use data card for Internet.

You must sign in to leave a comment.