All Forums Connectivity
Geo242 1 post Joined 02/07
09 Feb 2007
Setting up linked server: SQL Server 2005 > Teradata via OLEDB

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to set up a linked server from SQL Server 2005 to Teradata using the OLEDB provider. Here is the error message I get:OLE DB provider "TDOLEDB.1" for linked server "C2T" returned message "Login timeout expired".OLE DB provider "TDOLEDB.1" for linked server "C2T" returned message "[TCP/IP][WSock32 DLL] 10065 WSA E HostUnreach: The Teradata server can't currently be reached over this network".Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1The OLE DB provider "TDOLEDB.1" for linked server "C2T" reported an error. Execution terminated by the provider because a resource limit was reached.Msg 7303, Level 16, State 1, Line 1Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "TDOLEDB.1" for linked server "C2T".I used this blog as a guideline for setting it up: http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/phils/archive/2005/11/30/ 8466.aspxAnyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? I have verified that it is not a firewall or connectivity issue. I can use the SQL Assistant with the ODBC driver just fine. I have also messed with the "OLEDB for ODBC" provider, but that errors out too. I really want to use the OLEDB for teradata provider if possible.Thanks in advance for any help!

Fred 1096 posts Joined 08/04
09 Feb 2007

Disclaimer: I haven't tried linking with SQL Server 2005 so I could be off base here, but...Can the driver resolve the name you put in the Data Source field to one of the Teradata system's IP addresses? A quick check to see if that is the problem would be to use a specific IP address rather than a name.You might also check the OLE DB Provider manual (in particular, the section titled "Load Balancing") for some options that can be supplied in the Provider String field.

sachinp17 53 posts Joined 11/06
12 Feb 2007

Hi,Please check the entry of ip in host file and also OLEDB configuration. Regds,sachin

You must sign in to leave a comment.